POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Gail
Date: 2 Dec 2008 09:00:25
Message: <49353f79@news.povray.org>
news:4935265c$1@news.povray.org...

> The problem is, after 4 months the battery in a laptop stops working, so
> it must be permanently connected to the mains anyway.

It does?
Strange, I've had mine for a year and a half and the battery still has the
same life it had when I bought it.,

> It is virtually impossible to use a computer without a mouse, so you must
> have a mouse connected too.

It is?

The only time I use a mouse on my laptop is when I'm playing games. For
surfing and normal work I don't need one.
I was given one of these, so it's sooo easy to cary in the laptop bag.
http://www.newtonperipherals.com/index3.html

> If you want Internet access... well, personally, I would never, ever use a
> wireless system. I don't trust them. Too easy to steal my data and my
> connection. (Plus the problems of it not working half the time.)

Encryption + MAC address filtering for your home wireless network.
If you're using someone else's wireless (hotel, conference center, etc) be
aware of what you're sending and use SSL as much as possible and install a
good firewall.