POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: scott
Date: 2 Dec 2008 08:33:40
Message: <49353934@news.povray.org>
> Well, every laptop *I* have seen, the battery loses the ability to
> recharge after a few months, maybe a year.

Never seen that here, and all the people in my department use laptops a lot.
I have seen two laptops with dead batteries, they were at least 3 years old
and we just got new batteries for them.

> I've got, like, 4 laptops on my office floor here that all behave this
> way.

How old are they and what brand?  If they really are only 4 months old then
just ask for a free replacement.

> How big is this mouse?

You can get them in all sizes, ranging from the tiny travel ones up to full
size mice.

> My dad has problems to this day with computers randomly dropping their
> network connections or just plain not seeing the WiFi router at all. To
> the point that he's lifting floorboards to run cables round the building
> to make his gear actually ****ing work properly.

Hmm maybe bad/cheap access point/network card/drivers?  I have 3 machines
running at home over wireless continuously with no problems, in addition
even my phone, PS3 and Wii connect to it!  At work it's the same, no
problems.  I guess buying an access point and NIC from the same company
might help?  Dunno, should be a solvable problem, it's not like nobody can
get a wireless network to work correctly.

> Plus, AFAIK, WiFi is currently much slower than Ethernet.

About half the speed, but your internet connection will probably be the
bottleneck.