POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to the wiki? : Re: What happened to the wiki? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to the wiki?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 1 Dec 2008 21:36:53
Message: <49349f45$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> The POV-Ray wiki (http://wiki.povray.org/) is redirecting to a page
> saying "POV-Wiki is down until further notice". Can we have some details on
> what happened to it?

Had a gold-selling spammer and rather than deal with a take-down put-up
take-down blah blah cycle I just took it offline since he'd been the only
contributor for maybe two months. Nothing's been removed, it's all still in the
DB, and it will come back online eventually.

Moral: I can't have a publicly-editable wiki without someone monitoring changes
(I don't have time). It one or several of you want to enforce proper usage of
the wiki and regularly monitor changes (like, at least once a day amongst you)
then I'll put it back online more or less immediately.

-- Chris