POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tractor 2008 (164k jpg) : Re: tractor 2008 (164k jpg) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tractor 2008 (164k jpg)
From: Dre
Date: 1 Dec 2008 21:10:53
Message: <4934992d$1@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Kirk Andrews wrote:
>>> It's so real I can almost touch it. Beautiful. Great detail. (I really
>>> like the
>>> monochrome look too; lends itself *very* well to such an image.)
>>>
>>> The only nitpick I might offer is that the lighting/shadows look a bit
>>> *too*
>>> smooth or perhaps omnidirectional, although that's not really the proper
>>> term
>>> for it. In the belt treads, for example.
>>>

>> Well, I think this is what is often called a "mud render" -- textures are
>> still
>> to come and lighting is just ambient occlusion.  Sam is just being
>> gracious,
>> lest he blow us all away.
>>
>> Thanks, Sam.  Amazing as usual.
>
> Yeah, I rendered this with basic textures to simply display the model. I
> don't know if I'll go forward and finish the scene or not. Maybe I'll try
> out some textures, but the code is a little hard to navigate (it's over
> 1000 lines long).
>
> Sam

Thats the problem I seem to have when my scenes start to get somewhere, they
become so huge i have trouble following them...

One question I have, how do you get those nice round edges instead of the
sharp square edges you normally get when you difference stuff??  Do you do
anything special here or do you manually round them off everywhere?

Cheers Dre