POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tractor 2008 (164k jpg) : Re: tractor 2008 (164k jpg) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tractor 2008 (164k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 1 Dec 2008 19:04:09
Message: <49347b79@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> The AO makes the whole scene look chrome, despite no reflections.
>
> It's all CSG, master?  How did you do the side-front of the tractor,
> just above the wheels?  It looks curved in a way I can't figure out how
> to do with just primitives?  :)

Ah, good eye. What I had to do was intersect a cylinder with a prism
using a custom curve, and then follow that up with a bunch of spheres
following the same curve. Sounds easy, but it wasn't `:/

> This image should be posted in some CG webforums, beyond just
> newsgroups... it would bring much awareness for Povray.  Well, that and
> an indication for povray's Hall of Fame as well. :)

Maybe we POVvers should start entering contests or something. There's a
steampunk contest going on right now, and POV is really good for making
mechanical things :)

Sam