POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Dec 2008 13:55:06
Message: <4934330a$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> That's not what I read in your post.  I duplicated with the code staying
> the same, but not with it changing.

I take advantage of X windows, ya see. :-)

I find it really hard to believe GCC will compile a program, then read the
output file to see if the result is the same, and if not, only then will
unlink the old code and write the new code.

I'll give it a try next time I'm in Linux, tho.  I suspect it's more some
options on the compiler or file system we have set differently or something.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)