POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black Friday - an appropriate appellation : Re: Black Friday - an appropriate appellation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Friday - an appropriate appellation
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Dec 2008 11:55:16
Message: <493416f4$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:04:00 -0800, Chambers wrote:

> With all due respect, I'm well aware of the realities of business.  I
> was offering that paragraph as an explanation for my non-US friends who
> might not know what "Black Friday" is.

I also know a thing or two about retail business, and most retail
businesses, if they operated this way, would be out of business.

> Did you even read the rest of my post?  If I'm pissed off and depressed
> about rampant consumerism leading to the *deaths* of innocent people, do
> you think I effing care about details like what kind of profit margin
> retailers normally take in?

I agree, though, that this is the more appalling part of the story.
However, that said, the reports I saw confirmed that the pregnant lady
did not miscarry, that this was misreported in earlier reports.

The shooting at Toys R Us was reported to be gang-related and not related
to shopping, confirmed by several eyewitnesses.

Jim