POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stranger than fiction : Re: Stranger than fiction Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:47:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stranger than fiction
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Dec 2008 06:52:30
Message: <4933cffe@news.povray.org>
>>> Solar panels.
>> And when do you *ever* see those in everyday life? ;-)
>
> PV applications today are more common place than we might expect. Domestic
> burglar alarm systems are now fitted with PV panels to charge the battery for
> the system. In Milton Keynes, parking meters are powered by solar panels. ;)

LOL! Like I'd know about parking meters - I never go outside, remember? ;-)

(Damnit, suddenly I feel like I'm in a Monty Python sketch. "All right,
but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public
order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what
have the Romans ever done for us?")