POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 29 Nov 2008 02:54:48
Message: <4930f548$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Can you typically tell the difference between progressive-scan and
>> interlaced? (Obviously I've been watching interlaced all my life, and
>> I don't think I've ever seen progressive-scan - except on computer
>> monitors.)
>
> Yes, on fast-moving scenes. But not a lot.

Dunno if it's caused by the projector (it might eg. have crappy
uninterlacing), the player or feature of signaling itself, but there's
continous significant effect, if I enable progressive output from my
DVD-player. I don't think the interlaced picture of that player is
crappy though, since even it is better than with the LG I tried first.

Ie. hardware and it's faults can make the difference bigger.

-Aero