POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Nov 2008 13:24:50
Message: <49303772@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Ah OK then, well the differnce I mostly notice is that when people are
> shown quite small on the screen (eg during a football match) on the SD
> you can't make out any features on their face, but on the HD you can.
> And during the news etc when there is one big face on the screen, you
> can make out way more detail on the skin (not always a good thing!).
> And of course text is much sharper.  But as with lots of things like
> this, you get used to the HD as being "normal" very quickly, until you
> see SD again!

Minor note on this though. With mine at least (which is a fairly big
one), I find watching SD over the HD cables makes for a grainier
picture. Don't ask me why.. Something about how it gets encoded from the
cable box or how the TV handles it once it has it, but the "coax"
connector worse "far" better for SD than does any of the high def
cables. In contrast, of course, the opposite is true when using the true
HD signals.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {