POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render farms? : Re: Render farms? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render farms?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 26 Nov 2008 20:19:21
Message: <492df598@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> What is the feasability of having such a thing as a distributed computing
> option, sort of like Folding at Home? Are there enough POV-Ray users for
> this to be a valid option? How long would it take for a person to code
> such a thing?

I did it, as I explained before on my giant post. I think I reached 1000
users. Most of which just contributed CPU time without caring what POV-Ray
even *was*. I even know someone who has multiple 8-core computers.

I welcome everyone on this newsgroup to show it's worth my time and effort
to get the farm back working, because I currently have no motivation to do
so. The fact that a total of three people have been active on this thread
doesn't really help.