POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Browser issues with Search page : Re: Browser issues with Search page Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:41:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Browser issues with Search page
From: Chris B
Date: 26 Nov 2008 15:37:58
Message: <492db3a6$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.492d8c05c553f9cec007468e0@news.povray.org...
>I may have asked this before... Please forgivemy error if this is the case.
>
> Anyway, I notice that the URLs to each item contain the version number in
> them.
> Would it be possible to change the URLs so that they remain constant no
> matter
> how many times the item has been updated? I'd hate for links to go dead,
> or
> (worse yet) for the links to lead to outdated versions.
>
> -Mike

Hi. Yes it's possible.

The logic was that old versions should continue to be available and
downloadable so that, if anyone builds something with a dependency upon a
particular version of a macro, they can point to it without fear that a
newer version will overwrite it and be incompatible with what they've done.

I've added a little code, so that you can optionally link to the object
details using the index2 detail option without specifying a version number.
For example:

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=FractalObjects&contributorTag=SharkD

Does that give you what you need?

Regards,