POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Sierpiński" fractals : Re: "Sierpiński" fractals Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Sierpiński" fractals
From: Alain
Date: 26 Nov 2008 11:07:17
Message: <492d7435$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD nous illumina en ce 2008-11-26 05:58 -->
> I was looking at the Wikipedia article
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpi%C5%84ski_triangle
>
> and was wondering if it were possible to create the three-dimensional version of
> the fractal out of solids with more faces than the tetrahedron and pyramid ones
> already mentioned in the article.
>
> -Mike

You can use cubes if you like, or spheres, or any other solid you may want, but
the basic shape is triangular.
For the equivalent based on the cube, take a look at the "Menger sponge".
It would be more work, but you can conceivably do the same based on any platonic
solid, and some semi regular solids.

--
Alain
  "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool."