POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : global setting for finish : Re: global setting for finish Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: global setting for finish
From: m a r c
Date: 26 Nov 2008 07:03:02
Message: <492d3af6$1@news.povray.org>

web.492d2cd3b48ca67b9b697e920@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
> I'am newbies on POBray.
> I want to know if it's possible to make a global setting for the part
> {finish}
> on CSG object ?
> At this time i must replace all the line code one after one and it's very
> long.
> How can i do this ? using global setting or using teh replace function on
> the
> editor ??
>
> I use POVray for windows
>
> Thank for your answer
>
> Vincent GALLAY

You can't override a yet defined texture for an object.
What I'd do is #declare a finish as
#declare My_finish=finish{finish items}

and replace all finish statements in objects textures by
finish{My_finish}

This way when you make changes in My_finish, you doun't have to edit all
objects textures

You'd be welcome too on the french POV-community news server
news.lightning-generator.org

Marc