POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Phone for Invisible... : Re: Phone for Invisible... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phone for Invisible...
From: scott
Date: 25 Nov 2008 10:23:18
Message: <492c1866$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yeh it looks like it!  Actually there is a SOny 11" OLED TV on Amazon, I
>> was
>> reading through the user manual (from the Sony website) and it said that
>> is
>> shifts the image around every so often to avoid burn-in.
>
>  Wouldn't help with larger areas with an uniform color...

Agreed, but at least the moving around should stop any recognisable pattern
burning in - like the word "Start" or "88:88:88" where the clock is - it
would just be more of a dark blur in that area.

I guess this is primarily a TV so there probably won't be the same issues as
with a computer monitor or any other display where static information is
shown in certain areas of the screen.