POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My CV (revision #6) : Re: My CV (revision #6) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV (revision #6)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Nov 2008 23:58:50
Message: <4928e30a@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:08:31 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2008 12:05:15 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>See, over here, we troubleshoot everything from system-wide faults to
>>individual hardware component failures.
>>
> Lordy, lordy you'll have me speaking 'Merican yet. :)

One by one. ;-)

>>> I think it's interesting that "fault finding" sounds like a "blame
>>> game" to Darren. Here a phrase like "root cause analysis" would get
>>> the CV passed around so everyone could have a good snigger. Again two
>>> countries separated by a common language :)
>>
>>Ain't that the truth. :-)
>>
> Tell me about it!

Well, you see, you're in the UK, I'm in America, we both speak English
but we can't understand each other.  I thought you understood that, but I
hope this clears things up a bit. ;-)

>>"Fault finding" to me does imply "blamestorming" as well - the result of
>>"fault finding" is that "it's your fault", so has a very negative
>>connotation in most parts of the US IME.
>
> I suppose that differentiate it by saying someone is finding fault.

I think the evolution of language, though, means that one who finds fault
engages in fault finding. ;-)

Jim