POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Phone for Invisible... : Re: Phone for Invisible... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phone for Invisible...
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 22 Nov 2008 14:13:05
Message: <492859c1$1@news.povray.org>
Am Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:55:37 -0800 schrieb Darren New:

> Warp wrote:
>>   For a moment it got me, until I watched on the projector feature,
>>   which
>> made it rather clear that it's a spoof.
>
> I want to know what the stand-by time is while using the projector. :-)

Well, if they get the laser projectors work I wouldn't be surprised if
the projectors get *much* smaller than they are now (Still they will use
a lot of power). I think Frauenhofer Institute has some prototype
working, where the optics (excluding the electronics) is only a few cubic
cm. Unless green lasers get cheap though, it will probably take some time
until we see them in the stores :).

>>   Reading *who* made this spoof (and how much it cost to make), I
>>   really
>> can't understand what's the point.
>
> I'll second that wtf.

It seems to be some virial marketing campaign for the tourism in some
region in Canada, but I don't even get that far (I can see all "features"
of the phone, but when I klick on release date for example the flash
player stops, before it loads completely.)