POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My CV (revision #6) : Re: My CV (revision #6) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV (revision #6)
From: andrel
Date: 21 Nov 2008 16:58:09
Message: <49272F48.3090202@hotmail.com>
On 21-Nov-08 21:47, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> Better.
>
> That's usually a good start...
>
>> I am still missing the games group you are in. At least I suppose that
>> is a hobby of yours.
>
> Didn't seem highly relevant. (I suppose you could attempt to pretend
> that this illustrates teamworking or social skills or something... but
> mainly it involves shooting things!)

It does illustrate that you are not the social inept moron that you are
trying to pretend. Remember: they asked you to be on the team. You even
met IRL and you were not thrown out immediately. (The reason they asked
nor the reason why they keep up with you does matter, so don't give your
version in a job interview).

>> Tcl/Tk is in point 5 but not in 3.
>
> It's in point 2 though.
sorry missed that. That is probably a good sign.

>> If you would apply for a job more in my field then you may tell a bit
>> more about what your company does. 'policy and procedure documents'
>> are one thing, but for work in a medical lab you may be much more
>> qualified than most.
>
> Our lab doesn't do diagnostic stuff, only quantitation.

irrelevant IMO, our lab is in a constant transition to more regulation
(partly because of the hype of the time and partly because the type of
research is changing) you seem to know at least partly what kind of
regulations are out there *and* you know how to implement such measures.
  If someone here notices that they might even create a job description
for you just to get you in. Pity you seem to be stuck in that hole in
the UK.

> (Actually, all the mass spectrometers say "NOT FOR DIAGNOSTIC USE" on
> them in big lettering. I'm not sure why... Presumably if you want to do
> diagnostic work, they sell you an identical machine for 12x the price.)

I know a company that does do the labeling and the reason is simply that
they a) don't want to get sued for misdiagnoses because their system
happened to be in the same room. b) they are a small company that can
not afford expenses associated with the testing. and c) their
administration of the development and production is not even remotely
resistant to an medical grade audit. Not everybody can afford an Andy,
you know.