POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dilbert today : Re: Dilbert today Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dilbert today
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Nov 2008 15:43:28
Message: <49271d70@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Yeah, I just have this inherent dislike of doctors.  I've gotten better
> with it the past couple of years as I've had to do allergy shots, but
> it's a pretty long-term issue for me - I've had some really bad doctors
> in the past.  I recognise it's illogical to an extent, but it's still not
> the sort of thing I "like" doing - even going along with a family member
> for one of their appointments puts me on edge.

Last time I saw "my" doctor, it was completely evident that since I
wasn't actually dying, he totally didn't give a ****. I came to see him
because for the last week I'd left too nausious to eat anything. And he
said "well if *course* you feel ill if you don't eat anything, you silly
boy". Given that I was 22 at the time, I didn't really appreciate being
called a "silly boy".

It turns out there are other doctors who are much more friendly. The guy
I saw this week was quite cheerful and chatty. And when I told him what
the problem was, he seemed interested to find out what was wrong. (As
opposed to "you look fine to me, get lost kid!")

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/