POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Nov 2008 14:48:17
Message: <49271081@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It seemed to depend on which part of the city you were. Beggars seemed
> to frequent only some parts of the city.

I can believe that. Maybe they get in more trouble if they hang out
where the tourists are, which is usually where the beggars get more
money in this country.

>   A couple of years ago we went to Beijing. There were many places which
> were full of beggars who were very persistent and wouldn't leave you alone.

Huh. I was there for a couple weeks, including all around center city,
and I didn't see anything like that. Mind, I wouldn't be surprised if
they were arrested and taken somewhere else so they'd stop bothering the
tourists. :-)

I'll ask relatives if they run into such.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)