POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Warp
Date: 21 Nov 2008 14:28:02
Message: <49270bc2@news.povray.org>
> > enormous amounts of beggars living in underway passages (literally!) which
> > didn't look like they owned anything else than the rags they were wearing.

> I didn't see any of that in the cities. Indeed, I noticed that there
> were *no* homeless or beggars.

  It seemed to depend on which part of the city you were. Beggars seemed
to frequent only some parts of the city.

> Out of curiousity, where and when was this that you saw it?

  A couple of years ago we went to Beijing. There were many places which
were full of beggars who were very persistent and wouldn't leave you alone.
For example outside the gates of the Forbidden City was one such place
(although not the worst).

  But there were people living in underway passages etc.

--
                                                          - Warp