POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Nov 2008 13:20:54
Message: <4926fc06$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:13:21 -0500, Jim Henderson wrote:

> That's why I use it as a source to see what I should read about - I
> don't just look at the headline (well, usually, I do - and that's what I
> use to determine if I want to read more).  If the story looks
> interesting, then I'll read the referenced article, because /. nearly
> always includes a link to the source article, and that's where the good
> info is.
>
> IOW, I use it as a news filter for geek-related topics.

Incidentally, this is a similar technique to how I read this forum - I
just cruised through 300+ messages (been busy with work the past few
days), so I look at the subject lines, and if the subject looks
interesting, then I read a few messages.  Stopping every once in a while
to see if the topic has changed.

Jim