POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the Hell he's doing. : Re: What the Hell he's doing. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the Hell he's doing.
From: Warp
Date: 21 Nov 2008 12:50:47
Message: <4926f4f7@news.povray.org>
Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote:
> 1. The person who f**ks with computers, programming, etc. so much that
> he is eventually able to turn his hobby into a career. Those I know of
> this type really do have no lives. After the long work hours, the junk
> food, the smoking, and WOW, there isn't much time or energy left for a life.

  Personally I think you are just presenting your ideal of what "having a
life" is, and when someone does not have it. And it's precisely what I was
talking about: Why is your definition of "having a life" more correct rather
than someone else's? Isn't someone "having a life" when he is happy with
what he is doing?

  Just because someone doesn't act like the majority of people doesn't mean
he doesn't "have a life". Just because someone isn't so social as most of
other people, and just because he doesn't have "healthy" hobbies besides
work doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't "have a life".

  Personally I don't enjoy "socializing" by going to night clubs and bars
and the like. They are noisy, crowded, chaotic and often full of tobacco
smoke. I don't drink nor smoke, I don't enjoy talking with drunken people,
and there's nothing in night clubs and bars that I would enjoy. Yet someone
could say that I "don't have a life" because of that.

--
                                                          - Warp