POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Nov 2008 12:02:30
Message: <4926e9a6$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> The fact is that Kyoto won't let you get away with
> not reducing pollution levels very easily.

I suppose. I don't really know enough about it to pursue that too much
farther.

> If LA has such a bad smog situation then why not ban all cars that
> produce over a certain amount of pollution to improve the air quality?

Because we're a federated democracy. California isn't allowed to pass
laws like that.  When the founders founded the country, they wrote into
the constitution rules preventing states from interfering in the laws of
other states.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)