POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the Hell he's doing. : Re: What the Hell he's doing. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:31:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the Hell he's doing.
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 21 Nov 2008 11:47:54
Message: <4926e63a$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:

> 1. The person who f**ks with computers, programming, etc. so much that
> he is eventually able to turn his hobby into a career.

Sounds like me.

> Those I know of
> this type really do have no lives.

Usually having "no life" can be translated directly into "not having a
girl-/boyfriend" and/or "not enjoying all freetime at bars/pubs/nightclubs".

Yes, I live alone and I actually enjoy my home and being here. That
might have something to do with years of work to get such homy home, but
also has something to do with my nature.

> After the long work hours,

Agreed, I do some days longer than needed. Then again, it has something
to do with traffic - while I can choose my own working times (as long as
I do enough work, so my employer gets what it pays for), I adjust them
mostly so that traffic would be as easy as possible, since my job is
75km away from my home.

> the junk
> food,

Yes, I daily eat at restaurants or lunch restaurants. If that's junk
food, then I'll let it be junk food.

> the smoking,

No, this I can't agree - I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life.

> and WOW, there isn't much time or energy left for a
> life.

Yes, from time to time. But that's not due to listed reasons, that's
because personal case-by-case choices (for example this friday-evening
goes resting, because me and one friend went to get a new puppy for her,
the trip took 17h15min and little over 1Mm - I was at home 4:15 at night).

>  -Shay

-Aero, breaking the generalizing