POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That Friday feeling : Re: That Friday feeling Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That Friday feeling
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Nov 2008 11:36:23
Message: <4926e387$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> When it comes to drawing blood I'm a fainter. I've learned to look
>> away and distract myself somehow. Which doesn't always work.
>
> Me too, I faint quite easily anyway and just the thought of my blood
> coming out starts to make me feel ill.  I tried giving blood once, but
> about 75% of the way through the machine started beeping for some reason
> and then I fainted.
>
> The worst for me is after an operation, they leave that stupid tap thing
> on the back of your hand for ages afterwards, I presume just incase they
> need to quickly give you something.  Every time I looked at it or
> thought about that thing being attached to my hand I felt ill!

Heh. Injections aren't *so* bad. (They usually inject into, say, your
shoulder muscle, which isn't especially tender. And they USE A FRIGGIN
SMALLER NEEDLE!)

Still, I do recall when me and my sister visited my mum in hospital
once. I don't know why we bothered... she was so stoned she didn't know
who we were anyway. They gave her this button that when you press it,
more morphine goes into your arm. She had her finger permanently
pressing down on the button, so the point that her fingers went white.
(Presumably the computer limits the maximum dose though?)

Anyway, while we're standing there, a nurse comes along and changes the
drip. My sister looked at me as if she was *actually* going to puke.
Seriously, I didn't know people could turn that colour. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/