POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 21 Nov 2008 11:09:10
Message: <4926dd26$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   But I find it hard to believe that such a law is passed in congress without
> anyone presenting some logical, legally sound arguments about why the law is
> valid and makes sense. I don't believe "so that we will have an additional
> convenient excuse to arrest neonazis" is a legally sound argument.

	You find it _hard_ to believe?

	Congress over here just authorized giving out $700 billion with almost
no oversight, and based on a flimsy 3 page report. The "logical, sound"
argument for the amount of money? "Sounded like a good figure. Oh, and
BTW, I have no idea if this plan will work. The economy is funny
sometimes" (paraphrased).

--
In an Astronomy class (toward an Astronomy major, not that gen-ed crap)
the professor did not tell us we would have to remember constants, and

One of them was: What is the orbital period of Saturn? (2 pts/100)

I started thinking about Bode's law and the posibility I could calculate
it from an approximate radius I would get from that law... if I could
remember it. But when you expect a 72% to be an A on a test, you have
bigger fish to fry.

Then I got it. It was right, it should work, and no one would have to be
nailed to anything.

I wrote: One Saturn-Year

I didn't get credit for it. A couple years later a sophomore was telling
me about this funny question he had in the same class. He showed it to
me. It read:

What is the orbital period of Saturn? (Do not put one Saturn-Year)

I was so right that it had to be guarded against. Yet those were 2
points I would never have.

(as told by SetupWeasel on Slashdot)

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl