POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That Friday feeling : Re: That Friday feeling Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That Friday feeling
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Nov 2008 10:38:45
Message: <4926d605@news.povray.org>
>> This morning, a very friendly lady stuck a cookie cutter in my arm and
>> aspirated 200 ml of my fresh, warm blood. o_O
>
> As with systems administrators, Don't piss off the nurse ;) They'll get
> the big needle instead.

The nurse was actually quite friendly, but... well the doctor did want
blood out of me. No matter how sweetly they smile at you, you're still
getting stabbed in the arm! :-S

> When it comes to drawing blood I'm a fainter. I've learned to look away
> and distract myself somehow. Which doesn't always work.

I just closed my eyes and tried to relax. It stings like crazy when they
put it in. Didn't feel the aspiration process much, but it hurt like a
bitch when it went in. And taking it out wasn't so hot. The major thing
though is that now every time I move my arm, I get a sharp pain going
deep into the tissue. :-S

>> I was ordered to not eat anything for several hours before. That's why
>> my stomach was so upset. My arm now has a large chunk missing out of it,
>
> Yep. We have one of these workplace checkups coming up, and they want
> fasting results. I dunno why I bother, despite my weight my cholesterol
> is nearly immeasurably low, blood sugar is in the exact right place, etc

True fact: If you look up any medical condition on Wikipedia, I can
almost guarantee at least some of the symptoms will have you going
"yeah, I sometimes get that..."

Like, I eat huge amounts of sugary food. Maybe I'm diabetic?

(No, wait... I drink almost nothing, I hardly pee, and I rarely feel
particularly hungry.)

>> I especially liked the look of *glee* on her face when she found a
>> large, juice vein. o_O
>
> Heh, sounds like you had a psychopathic nurse.

Nah. I think she was just glad to not have to play "let's find a usable
vein" for 20 minutes...

As an aside, my dad sometimes works with blood samples. Do you have any
idea how much **** there is floating in some of them?! The really fun
ones are where you have to scrape through an inch of solid cow lard to
get to the liquid blood underneith! :-S

>> Still, I guess it could be worse... Jamie was just telling me about
>> that time she dumped 9 lb 2 oz of screaming, kicking baby out of her
>> tail. I'll bet *that* stings the next morning! ;_;
>
> Heh. That's a rather big baby!

Alice's daughter was rather late. 11 lb 6 oz. Born naturally.
(EVENTUALLY! It took her all day to do it though...)

> Yeah, that probably had to hurt a little.
> Not as much as a C-Section, which my wife had. Oh, yeah, and I got to
> see as they pulled him out. o_O

Jamie's first-born was delivered by emergency C-section. As in, she was
put into labour (early) and baby's heartbeat went through the floor, so
they whisked her away and a few minutes later there was a very sickly
little baby.

Jamie's second was born naturally, but... well Jamie is only a lil girl.
Apparently there was rather a lot of ripping involved. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/