POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That Friday feeling : Re: That Friday feeling Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That Friday feeling
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 21 Nov 2008 10:30:01
Message: <4926d3f9@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> This morning, a very friendly lady stuck a cookie cutter in my arm and
> aspirated 200 ml of my fresh, warm blood. o_O

As with systems administrators, Don't piss off the nurse ;) They'll get
the big needle instead.

When it comes to drawing blood I'm a fainter. I've learned to look away
and distract myself somehow. Which doesn't always work.

> I was ordered to not eat anything for several hours before. That's why
> my stomach was so upset. My arm now has a large chunk missing out of it,

Yep. We have one of these workplace checkups coming up, and they want
fasting results. I dunno why I bother, despite my weight my cholesterol
is nearly immeasurably low, blood sugar is in the exact right place, etc

> I especially liked the look of *glee* on her face when she found a
> large, juice vein. o_O

Heh, sounds like you had a psychopathic nurse.

> Still, I guess it could be worse... Jamie was just telling me about that
> time she dumped 9 lb 2 oz of screaming, kicking baby out of her tail.
> I'll bet *that* stings the next morning! ;_;

Heh. That's a rather big baby! Yeah, that probably had to hurt a little.
Not as much as a C-Section, which my wife had. Oh, yeah, and I got to
see as they pulled him out. o_O

--
~Mike