POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Warp
Date: 21 Nov 2008 07:47:10
Message: <4926adce@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   I have always wondered what's the *purpose* of that law, the *goal* it's
> > trying to achieve.

> I think the idea is to have an excuse to arrest people who are actually
> advocating a return of Nazism. Same as the law against holocaust denial,
> really.

  But I find it hard to believe that such a law is passed in congress without
anyone presenting some logical, legally sound arguments about why the law is
valid and makes sense. I don't believe "so that we will have an additional
convenient excuse to arrest neonazis" is a legally sound argument.

  They must have come up with *some* rationalization to pass the law other
than that.

--
                                                          - Warp