POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: My CV Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV
From: andrel
Date: 21 Nov 2008 12:24:37
Message: <4926EF2C.2010507@hotmail.com>
On 20-Nov-08 10:36, Invisible wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> Add POV-Ray?
>
> LOL! I suppose I could explain that it's a Turing-complete scene
> description language for photorealistic image and animation construction
> / scripting... that could sound impressive. ;-)

If you apply for a job as a sysop in a shoefactory, it would be
completely useless to mention. OTOH if it is in a group with a lot of
creative people around like in IT-firms and universities anything that
shows that you are special in any way would be a bonus point. In fact
many things that would make me decide to hire you in stead of yet
another freshly graduated student are not in your CV. Nor would you
mention them in a job interview, because you don't think it is important.