POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the Hell he's doing. : Re: What the Hell he's doing. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:34:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the Hell he's doing.
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 20 Nov 2008 23:13:45
Message: <49263579@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Did you know I've got a l33t motherf---ing geek in the family? He's
> finishing up his Masters and will get a Doctorate in EE. I've always
> believed that if not for the efforts of a tiny percentage of the
> population humanity would still be living in grass huts.

	Having gone down that road myself (not yet finished), let me assure you
a doctorate is more or less neutral. I, for one, have always objected to
their having a title. But that's because I'm against virtually all
honorifics... Some people will do good things with a PhD, and I hope
your brother is one of them. And obviously, for some, getting a
doctorate will prevent them from doing great things.

	As I recently started to tell people: There are no noble professions
(e.g. as people like to think regarding doctors). There are only noble
professionals.

--
The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl