POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the Hell he's doing. : Re: What the Hell he's doing. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the Hell he's doing.
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Nov 2008 16:49:58
Message: <4925db86$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> I don't know if you know this already, but...
>
> This is exactly the sort of random s__t you say off the cuff that
> convinces me you're a heck of a lot smarter than than you think you are.
> I'm thinking "sinc filter? Is that a typo?" and here you're explaining
> it, providing code to calculate, and describing how and why the
> alternatives don't work. As if "well, just in passing, in case you
> didn't know about this...."

A trivial matter of Wikipedia, my friend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinc_function

It's all there, and more besides. When you're as bored as me, you find
these things out.

I love the way that if you say something with enough conviction, people
will *assume* that you know what you're on about, and that what you say
is correct. ;-) In the case of Mike's problem, I was merely taking
educated guesses and passing them off as fact. Successfully, by the look
of it.

> Damn, you need to apply to smarter jobs. :-)

"When you're as bored as me" would seem to suggest that, yes.

I find myself questioning whether "smarter jobs" actually exist. I mean,
I guess *somebody* must design DSP algorithms for a living... but it
doesn't sound like a very large field.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/