POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Nov 2008 16:18:34
Message: <4925d42a@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Not really, giving out confidential information on employees to anyone
> who phones up and asks for it is almost certainly illegal.

It used to be someone could call up and say "John is looking for a job
here and claims he makes $X. Is that about right?"  I think enough
people got sued in the USA to make it not worth a company's risk to give
out any sort of recommendation, review, etc anymore.  All my references
are essentially personal references these days - people who I used to
work for who have also moved on to new things.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)