POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Nov 2008 15:36:42
Message: <4925ca5a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> "Normal" people understand that displaying Nazi symbols in a text book
>> about the history or WWII isn't advocating Nazism, but the book got
>> banned in Germany for displaying Nazi symbols anyway.
>
>   Is Germany going down the path of history censorship?

I think it was just a bit of over-zealousness. They weren't trying to
censor history. They just wound up censoring history books (or was it
Wikipedia?) because the law was you couldn't display Nazi symbols in
public or some such, without any exception for educational purposes.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)