POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: My CV Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Nov 2008 14:00:06
Message: <4925b3b6@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> This is again untrue. The scripts don't "correct" anything,
>> You never wrote a script that fixed something?
> Nope.

So, the script that checks the CDs, or that does the pings... what did
you do with the output of those?  Toss it away after looking at it,
going "Hmmm, interesting."   Or did you (for example) give the ping
report to the ISP to get them to diagnose the problem from their end?

>> Suggestion: don't put on your resume that there are a whole bunch of
>> other more-experienced people available, either. They know that too. :-)
>
> Right, so... why are they going to hire me again??

Because you're there, and the experienced people are happy where they
are? :)

>>> Where do I stop? I mean, I could say I know HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT,
>>> LaTeX, PostScript, AmigaGuide... where do you draw the line?
>>
>> Yep. Put all that in. Anything you think an employer might need.
>
> Ooo, AmigaGuide, an obsolete markup language that predates HTML 1.0 by
> several years. They *really* need to know about that! :-P

It shows your breadth of knowledge. If you have the room, put it in. If
you don't, of course leave it out.

>>> Sure. But it's hard to disguise something that's actually true.
>> No doubt. But important nonetheless. :-)
> Oh sure, I'm not doubting it's importance, I'm just saying it's really
> hard. :-(

Yep. So you need to work at it. :)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)