POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Kpovmodeller in Ubuntu 8.10 : Re: Kpovmodeller in Ubuntu 8.10 Server Time
17 May 2024 04:02:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kpovmodeller in Ubuntu 8.10
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 20 Nov 2008 10:01:27
Message: <49257bc7$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Bryan Heit escreveu:
>> I've been trying to get kpovmodeller to work in the newest version of
>> ubuntu.
>> Anyone know if there is a way to fix this, or alternatively, know of a
>> forum where there may be more then 1 or 2 kpovmodeller users around?
>
> How about just moving to a real modeller, like Wings 3D or Blender and
> povray exporters?  They also have far larger communities, specially
> Blender.

Because I'm not modeling.  I'm trying to modify the output of a protein
structure prediction program that outputs protein structures as pov.
The structures themselves are made entirely of primitives (spheres and
cylinders mostly); often 10,000+ of them per protein structure.
kpovmodeller allows me to select, move or delete these visually;
wings3d, etc would not, and its next to impossible using text-editing.

Bryan