POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Nov 2008 05:37:30
Message: <49253dea$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Actually here in Germany it's quite different to the UK, no job advert
> ever says what salary they are going to pay, not even a range.  You have
> to tell them what you are expecting.

OK, that sounds pretty scary.

If you say a number that's too high, they'll do "damn, we're not paying
that!" and not hire you. And if you say a number that's too low, they'll
be all like "haha, this guy doesn't have a clue!"

> Also watch out because when they are interviewing you they will likely
> ask what your current salary is.  Make sure you have a figure in your
> head for when they ask you this question.  DO NOT tell them your real
> salary because it is way lower than someone like you deserves.  By
> answering this question with 25K instead of 15K you will have just earnt
> yourself an extra 10K per year for the rest of your life.  No matter how
> much you hate lying, you'd be really really stupid to tell them the
> truth, because they are only going to pay you the minimum they think
> they need to.

Uh-huh. And they're not going to check this and find out I'm blatently
lying?

Besides, do I really want to work for somebody where I have to lie to
get what I desurve?

OOC... I run a small computer network, and I write technical documents.
What do you estimate I *should* be being paid for that?