POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: Another day of strife Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of strife
From: scott
Date: 20 Nov 2008 05:29:32
Message: <49253c0c$1@news.povray.org>
>> There are no guarantees in life - that's the way it is.  But like I've
>> said before, Andy, DON'T decide for a prospective employer what you're
>> worth - THAT'S THEIR JOB, NOT YOURS.
>
> ...unless they say "so how much are you expecting us to pay you?" ;-)

Actually here in Germany it's quite different to the UK, no job advert ever
says what salary they are going to pay, not even a range.  You have to tell
them what you are expecting.

Also watch out because when they are interviewing you they will likely ask
what your current salary is.  Make sure you have a figure in your head for
when they ask you this question.  DO NOT tell them your real salary because
it is way lower than someone like you deserves.  By answering this question
with 25K instead of 15K you will have just earnt yourself an extra 10K per
year for the rest of your life.  No matter how much you hate lying, you'd be
really really stupid to tell them the truth, because they are only going to
pay you the minimum they think they need to.