POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: scott
Date: 20 Nov 2008 03:38:03
Message: <492521eb@news.povray.org>
>  Fine, refuse to believe that people are being sanctioned for simply
> expressing their opinion, with absolutely no violence involved.

I'm not refusing to believe it, I just think that in each case there is
always something more than you are trying to say.  There is no way in this
world any police officer would even look twice at me if I told him how bad I
thought the goverment was.  However if I start telling him about how I don't
believe in the holocaust, or how I want to try and convince everyone to
become Nazis, or if I start making insulting comments about people or groups
of people, or if I even swear at him while telling him how stupid I think he
is, of course that is going to cause trouble and likely get me carted off to
the police station.  There's a difference, and if you're too dumb to realise
when you're going to cause trouble by expressing your opinion in such a way
then that's your own stupid fault for getting arrested or whatever.  Normal
people don't have this problem.