POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: scott
Date: 20 Nov 2008 03:24:21
Message: <49251eb5$1@news.povray.org>
>> How come people can still drive around Hummers that do 10mpg then?
>
> Either they are trucks and so exempt

Aren't there limits for trucks too?

> The Prius, I'm told, actually puts out cleaner air from the exhaust than
> the general air in LA.  Kind of a negative polluter.

Yeh I guess you can work that out, btw there was some big issue here when a
Toyota advert for the Prius was banned.  It claimed something like "4x less
pollution" but they compared it with some hideous totally non-comparable
car.  Of course that sparked off lots of people to actually check how clean
it was compared to other European cars.  It turns out that actually there
are a lot of cars (in Europe at least) that get better fuel economy and give
out less pollution.

> Yep. And China pollutes more than the USA. :-)

Only just, and their population is considerably larger than yours (plus they
make everything for the rest of the world) so it's hardly reason to not take
any action in your own country.  It's not just me, but everyone here has the
impression that the USA is doing very little to cut down on pollution, maybe
it's just the impression that Bush gives when he talks about such things, or
that they always choose to interview certain people on the TV here, I don't
know.