POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: My CV Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Nov 2008 19:24:32
Message: <4924ae40$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:11:46 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> scott wrote:
>>> If you take out the word "small" it sounds like I did something really
>>> major.
>>
>> Good.
>
> Where I'm from, lying isn't good.

It isn't lying to say "I wrote scripts that saved the company money" if
that's what you actually did.  It isn't lying to say "I created charts
for 'x'" if you created charts.

>> Yes mention it, not in that way, but list PS as one of the languages
>> you are "familiar" with, and even mention that you learnt how to use it
>> in a couple of hours if it fits in.
>
> I was just listing the languages that readers are most likely to care
> about, but yeah, I guess I could add PostScript.

How many times do you have to be told:  Don't decide what's important for
your interviewer - let them decide that.  Just provide them with the
facts.

Jim