POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the Hell he's doing. : Re: What the Hell he's doing. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the Hell he's doing.
From: Warp
Date: 19 Nov 2008 18:45:57
Message: <4924a534@news.povray.org>
Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote:
> I've always
> believed that if not for the efforts of a tiny percentage of the
> population humanity would still be living in grass huts.

  Agreed. It has always irritated me how some people belittle the "nerds"
who "don't have a life" and instead sit all day long in their dark
libraries and laboratories doing nerdy stuff. These people who belittle
the "nerds" say that they should get a life and that they are missing what
life is all about, wasting their life. These people who belittle them are
saying this while driving cool cars, watching television, playing game
consoles, talking to their cellphones, going to the doctor to be cured of
diseases which were lethal a couple of hundred years ago...

  Without those "no-life nerds" we would still live in the grass huts.
Because of the different interests at least some people have, we can have
luxuries today.

  Another thing which irritates me is the definition of "having a life"
these people have. Why is their definition more correct than other people's?
Don't you "have a life" when you are happy with what you are doing? Why
should someone be belittled as not "having a life" just because his
interests are different?

--
                                                          - Warp