POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of strife : Re: My CV Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My CV
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2008 18:12:39
Message: <49249d67$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This is again untrue. The scripts don't "correct" anything,

You never wrote a script that fixed something?

> and for a fee our ISP can probably provide us with all kinds of
> far superior software and hardware - and even personnel to run it. (It'
> amazing what companies will do for you if you pay them enough money...)

Sure. And you did it without paying the fee. That's the point.

Suggestion: don't put on your resume that there are a whole bunch of
other more-experienced people available, either. They know that too. :-)

> Where do I stop? I mean, I could say I know HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, LaTeX
,
> PostScript, AmigaGuide... where do you draw the line?

Yep. Put all that in. Anything you think an employer might need.

> I hypothesize that people become seriously smart by being seriously
> motivated. ;-)

They become seriously educated by being smart and motivated. :-)

en
>> you get hired there, because that's how much you'll save them.
>
> If I was applying for an Oracle role... sure. But I'm not.

How do you know you're not?  The company you're applying for may have an

unadvertised opening for someone translating LaTeX documents stored in
their Oracle database into HTML and PostScript.

>>> The trouble is... I *do* do nothing each day! o_O
>> But you're not supposed to show that.
> Sure. But it's hard to disguise something that's actually true.

No doubt. But important nonetheless. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)