POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2008 12:15:47
Message: <492449c3$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> So, you make the yellow phase last long enough to cross the entire
> junction at the slowest speed you can imagine for that junction?

No. If you're going *that* slow, it's easier to stop. You make it long
enough to get through going at the slowest speed where it would be
unsafe to try to stop. :-)

> In China I saw a few lights where they had a big 7-segment countdown
> timer above the lights, looked like a pretty cool idea, well it would
> have been if they paid any attention to the lights in the first place :-)

Yeah. I'm rather surprised there's any Chinese people left alive, with
the way they do traffic there. :-)

"That's our hotel on the left."
    "Then why did the taxi driver pull into the right-turn-only lane?"
"The line's shorter."

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)