POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: scott
Date: 19 Nov 2008 03:53:03
Message: <4923d3ef$1@news.povray.org>
>> Not in the US. If your protests indeed disrupt the government, or
>> traffic, or so many other things, you get in trouble.
>
> The protests are supposed to disrupt the government. It's *supposed* to be
> OK, as long as it's peaceful.
>
> Disrupting traffic gets you in trouble for disrupting traffic, not for
> protesting.
>
> Unfortunately, I think a great number of on-the-street level cops are
> taking their clues from the high administrations and simply ignoring the
> law and misusing their privileges.

I saw a thing here a while back where a group of people were protesting
about something.  There were literally twice as many police with shields and
guns compared to the protesters (who were armed with nothing).  The police
were just waiting at a safe distance when suddenly the protesters started
destroying peoples gardens and ripping out fences and trees to throw at the
police.  The police did nothing, they just stood there.  Afterwards they
showed the state of these peoples gardens and interviewed them, basically
they couldn't believe it that the police did absolutely nothing to protect
their property.

If that is "free speech" and "freedom to express your opinion", then I want
it banned!

Mind you, the German police seem to take a very strong stance against anyone
who tries to protest violently against those nuclear waste trains.  Someone
has chained or cemented themselves to the train tracks, no problem, where's
the angle grinder? ;-)