POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness : Re: YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube lameness
From: scott
Date: 19 Nov 2008 03:44:10
Message: <4923d1da@news.povray.org>
>  And we are not talking about lying and deceiving. We are talking about
> *expressing your opinion*, which is a rather different thing.

Like I said, fine so long as you don't cause any trouble with it (ie
blocking a road with a protest while you express your opinon loudly, or
persuading others to do some terrorist act, or damaging the image of some
other person or company for no reason, there are lots of reasons).

>  A Finnish person posted an article in his blog citing, among other
> things,
> official crime statistics performed by certain groups of people and using
> words which some people consider derogatory

Publishing derogatory comments, especially when generalising about a certain
group of people is a very dangerous thing to do, and certainly not what most
people would call "without causing trouble".

If that's the worst (or best?) you can come up with, I think we're safe with
being free to express our opinions :-)