POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD is amusing for once... : Re: XKCD is amusing for once... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD is amusing for once...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2008 22:28:10
Message: <492387ca@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> If I recall correctly, the specifics of the possibilities he suggest for
> how the current laws of physics can be computed by a CA are also
> provably wrong under a rather reasonable set of assumptions.

I'd like to see that link. Sounds interesting.

But, yeah, I think the ones I've seen that are close to right are
networks with the distance between nodes being roughly plank length, and
the only important thing is the number of links coming from each node
and where they go.  Not quite "cellular" as such, but similar.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)