POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2008 15:20:33
Message: <49232391$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Right. Because it's *completely* possible to waste energy yet still
>>> have low emissions... wait, WTF?
>>
>> Um, yes, it is. Hydroelectrics? Nuclear? Etc?
>
> You actually think hydroelectrics could produce that much energy?

It does appear to be a relatively small percentage, I'll grant you.
However, that's not the point, really.

> Isn't the USA several hundred times larger than the whole of Europe put
> together? (And a few thousand years newer too?)

GIYF. "Size of europe" first hit.  (Kind of funny, that.)
http://goeurope.about.com/od/europeanmaps/l/bl-country-size-comparison-map.htm

Not "several hundred", but a fair amount larger, depending on what you
count as "Europe". If you count the whole continent, Europe is somewhat
larger than the whole USA, but by less than the size of Alaska.

> I've always disliked how polluted London is. Mind you, I haven't seen
> that many other places...

London was actually pretty clean when I was there.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)