POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Nov 2008 14:29:43
Message: <492317a7$1@news.povray.org>
>> Right. Because it's *completely* possible to waste energy yet still
>> have low emissions... wait, WTF?
>
> Um, yes, it is. Hydroelectrics? Nuclear? Etc?

You actually think hydroelectrics could produce that much energy?

Mind you, you guys have Texas and Arisona... maybe a few solar panels
could do something interesting?

>>> Hey, *our* country isn't the one where the buildings are all melting.
>>
>> Now to me, this just comes across as typical arrogant American. I'm
>> sure it wasn't ment to be...
>
> Actually, it's a personal observation. I've traveled a lot compared to
> most Europeans, and most places I've been are more polluted than most
> places I've been in the USA. London was actually pretty good, tho.

Isn't the USA several hundred times larger than the whole of Europe put
together? (And a few thousand years newer too?)

I've always disliked how polluted London is. Mind you, I haven't seen
that many other places...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/